Triple 888 Gotham Dual Certified With MIPS Black XS/Small ONLY
- Triple 888 Gotham Dual Certified With MIPS
- black rubber
- Includes 2 sets of fit pads to customize fit
- MIPS is a low-friction layer in the helmet that absorbs much of the rotational violence during a fall. The Gotham also features the patented Conehead EPS liner, Triple Eight logo vents and a subtle brim. No other helmet comes close to the comfort, safety and good looks of the Gotham with MIPS.
- MIPS Technology: Developed by brain surgeons and scientists to reduce rotational forces to the brain caused by angled impacts
- Dual Certified: Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards.
- ABS Outer Shell with patented Conehead EPS liner technology providing a lighter helmet with greater energy displacement on impact
- Complete with our renowned Sweatsaver™ Fit Pads for added comfort
- Adjustable Fit Dial System, with reflective dial, to create a custom fit
- Grooved EPS for excellent air flow
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts. MIPS has been developed by leading brain surgeons and scientists to reduce the rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head.
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
A MIPS-equipped helmet looks almost identical to a non-MIPS-equipped helmet except for when you look inside, you will see a thin yellow liner beneath the pads. From the outside, the only indicator that the helmet is any different to one without MIPS is that some brands have a small yellow MIPS logo on there. You won’t even feel a difference when wearing a MIPS-equipped helmet.